Tuesday, April 9, 2013

What I am reading

























Reading owl print here

I LOVE to read.

I don't do it as much as I would like to, only due to time restraints, but I am making time lately as part of my "What makes me happy" journey.

Some may think this is a tad boring but I am a fan of a self help or business book.
I also love a bit of romance, nothing too heavy, & lots of arty design books.

What I am reading right now is, "Getting things Done" by David Allen. I am feeling the need for some better business organisation so I can free up some time to spend on some new art I want to develop & experiment with. I can be a bit of a procrastinator if the task at hand bores me. So I am hoping this is the  guy to steer me in the right direction.

Since having my ipad, I have utilised the kindle app to my advantage, & buying so many, so very cheap books. I am happy to spend money on lovely art or interior books, even certain novels, but definitely not business books. The digital way is the best way now for these books.

Here are a couple of other business books I have bought, that are on my "to read" list.
Daring Greatly - Brene Brown
50 Pinterest Marketing Tips - I figured I spend enough time on there I should try & use it properly.
MYOB for dummies - yep such a damn boring read, I have started it to many times. It kills me. Every time I start I stop & just pay my accountant. One day I will master this! To be honest I wish I bought the actual book as I would have been able to use my sticky notes better for reference points.
Accidental Organiser - everyone needs this.

If you have some other books that you think I may need to read, please let me know.



No comments: