Friday, April 5, 2013

Seeing Paisley

I love new seasons as it brings new trends. Winter is pending here in Melbourne which I have to admit I am not overly excited about. I am a sunshine girl, I love summer and my favourite season is Autumn. When the sun is out I feel happiest, it's a guaranteed mood lifter. It's also my favourite season to draw and design, it just comes a lot more naturally to me. I am sure it's due to my love of colour!

With summer starting in the northern hemisphere, I just can't help notice lots of summery paisley's coming through as a strong trend. I have not always been a fan of paisley designs, but as I have got older, I have become more drawn to them. From a surface design perspective I think they are brilliant, so detailed and intricate. I love how a rainbow of colours can be used, and I love how it can be created so simply with only 2 colours. There is so much versatility.

Here are some lovely images I have found and collected on pinterest. It's a trend that is happening from fabric, apparel, shoes, home wears & even cakes. So inspiring!!

























Images & references from pinterest
Aren't they gorgeous? Their swirliness just makes me want to draw.
This inspiration has given me some ideas for mothers day and a couple of prints, so stay tuned.

Have a lovely Friday.



No comments: