Thursday, July 14, 2011

Loving crochet

I don't get a lot of time for anything lately, let along doing crafty things for the love of it.

I have been staring at the art of crochet for ages, and hinted constantly to my mum how I would love a patchwork looking crochet blanket. Mum's a busy person too and I think by the time I ever got one, my kids would have moved out. Instead of waiting, as I can be a little impatient, I want to give it a go myself.

I am just loving all of the crocheted pieces below, with a slight obsession, they are so polished looking and divine. Each piece would definitely have a purpose in my house, so easily.


There is one problem........I don't know how to do it.

I am hoping to find some time over the weekend to research some handy idiot proof DIY tutorials online. At least I could then pick up the things I need and have a go. If anyone can offer some tutorials they know and have been successful for the, I would appreciated them sent my way.

5 comments:

Erica said...

Went you want to do something bad enough I think usually you can make it happen! I'm new to crochet world and I first learnt over here http://meetmeatmikes.blogspot.com/p/granny-squares-101.html and am now dabbling over here http://attic24.typepad.com/weblog/neat-ripple-pattern.html Hope they can help! have fun!

Anonymous said...

A friend showed me a few basic stitches earlier this year and with the use of a few tutes on youtube I was away.

I love these images you have shown...beware crochet is highly addictive and once you start you can't stop :)

x

Naturally Carol said...

Hi..I reckon the 'royal sisters' blog is the best for afghan squares and tutes on youtube are great for teaching you the basic stitches. All the best.

Jane from Lil Pip said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jane from Lil Pip said...

I taught myself over the last couple of weeks thanks to YouTube. Check out my blog lilpipdesigns.blogspot.com as I just shared a pic of my first attempt granny squares and my favourite YouTube videos.

I'm loving it. Snuggling in bed, watching a movie and crocheting my granny squares. Planning a blanket for each of my owlets.

Have fun
Jane x