Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Just completed - "Blogging Your Way" course

I mentioned here well over a month ago I was participating in the "Blogging Your Way" course, run by Holly Becker, of the very well known Decor8.
If you don't know of this blog, I will be honest, hop out from under the rock and check it out.
It's full of stunning interiors, inspiration, colour, handmade goodness and so much more.
It's my daily read and I was thrilled when I found out that the 'Decor8' school bells had rung, and school was now in session. I don't think I clicked that PayPal button so fast.
Anyway back to my point.....
It was such a wonderful experience. The content was full of juicy goodness that I just couldn't get enough of. From blogging ideas, dealing with writers block, blog appearance, do's and don'ts, and creative inspiration, it was all there and more. I am not going to go through everything we did, as you will just have to do the course in the future yourself, but you can find out the course content here.
Holly made me feel like we were all friends in the world of cyber space, as she delivered the content so honestly and openly. I just loved the podcast about her, and her journey to get to where she is today. All of the podcasts were great, and Holly's was great to listen to, even when she did lose her train of thought! I loved that. It proved how down to earth she is, so real and honest, it was kind of reality blogging in a way, no re recordings. I was really shocked to learn, that she once belonged to the corporate world, I just could never imagine her in a stale, undecorated office. (I am assuming it looked like that)
Holly made herself available to ask questions in the forum, and you know what? I never felt intimidated to ask either. In saying that I rarely asked anything, as all the wonderful students who had read the posts before me had done the asking before I got the chance to.
A fellow teacher of the course was Leslie from A Creative Mint, and a brand new blog for me to love. This is another blog to visit if you need to fill your soul with colour inspiration.
Leslie is a photographer and stylist, she creates stunning mood boards, collages, and everything else that is pretty. Especially flowers. She is also a past student of 'Blogging Your Way'.
I loved this part of the course I will have to admit most. Coming from a fashion background, I actually forgot how much I love mood boards. It was as if I was revisiting my first couple of years at college. When these classes were posted, it made my heart race with excitement, I was itching to start creating moods boards myself. It's definitely on my goals to start doing again in the future. I just need to organise that when the babies are nowhere in sight.
Now with all of my new found information and inspiration, I really have to start implementing it, and sift through it again slowly. It's actually very overwhelming, I will admit to a little stage fright, but it's also mixed with a lot of excitement.
It's time for me to experiment and have a whole lot of fun.
Stay tuned....
Thanks Holly xx Thanks Leslie xx

2 comments:

another donkey design by kate said...

Sounds like you really enjoyed the course! Looking forward to following your blog and seeing it evolve! Though it is pretty damn good as is!

Jane said...

Oh, Kylie, this is the post I've been waiting for! It sounds brilliant. Do they have more courses planned? I'd like to give it a try. I'm really looking forward to seeing your blog evolve. J x