Friday, July 18, 2014

How I put together my product collections - Step 5
















You have reached a point where you brand has definitely been defined now. You have your hero piece, your coordinates together, and it's looking sensational.





Other points to consider here are season add on's, as I like to call them. They are 3 areas that need to be actioned to grow sales and your collection as a strong brand.

Within your main collection have you looked at your price points? If you are unsure how to price your work there are so many resources. I learnt how to cost while working full time, but there is so much information out there, you are bound to find the right information for you. I learnt heaps of tips and tricks Etsy community via the incredibly informative sellers handbook.

In my business I have a 3 tiered pricing structure. These are all important as they create the ad on's I was talking about.

The first being products that are at the lower end of your pricing structure in your collection. These are generally products that do not have a lot of labour involved when creating, or even small items. They always end up being your best sellers I have learnt.
Middle range items which are, exactly that middle.
Larger items which are either large, more intricate, really labour intensive, or even heavier which naturally cost the most.

Seasonal items which are my favourite times of year to create. I always create a very mini collection for these areas, usually only 3 or 4 items. I am going to contradict everything I have talked about, but I don't always coordinate everything. I do this so I can hope to market to as many people as possible. Short season are literally get in there, captures as many sales as you can, and then it's over.
I always create for Valentine's day, Easter, Mother's Day, Father's Day and Christmas.

One off's or limited editions are exactly that.
One off creations may be something you have been experimenting with and it looks amazing, but you don't want to produce again.
Limited editions are brilliant when you get your hands on rare fabrics, accessories, metals or paper, because you can only make 6-10 of something and that is it. I love them especially when a creative burst hits and you just want to make it because you felt like it, but only in small numbers.
Both options are brilliant ways to draw in customers.

If you have been enjoying this series I would love to know, or even better please share with friends.

Missed the other steps? Find them here.



No comments: