Thursday, January 31, 2013

My first 3 day event

I have really taken a back step from markets over the last 12 months, and have decided to only do one a month which is my usual at Felmington market. However via one of my consultants that sell in my Quirky business, told me about this fab event that is held all over Australia called CRAFT ALIVE
I have done a lot of markets and have never heard of this before. I made an enquiry and was blown away by how exciting it sounded. It has been going for over 20 years, and is more predominantly known to the regional country towns in Australia. Regional towns around Australia have known all about this, and I am thrilled to be taking part in it. 




It is a 3 day event, and I will be honest to say I am quite nervous. Ninety percent of my business is personalised, so I know I will definitely have to take several look books for customers. I also have to consider the space. I have a large booth, but I do not own a truck so my car will only take so much. Fortunately the event is only an hour away from home, but I don't think I will have the energy to come home and make anything if I sell out of it.

Time to make a plan!! 
I will be sitting down over the weekend and working this out starting with these questions to myself. 


There is so much to think about and it's only around the corner. The date of the Craft Alive event is from the 15-17th Feb, you can click here for location details. I am also lucky enough to have a friend beside me the whole time, Aileen from Lime Daisy Design will be my neighbour. This is not coincidentally and completely planned. It will be great to share this experience together, and have a back up support. I am really hoping it's successfully for both of us.

Stay tuned to hear more about my planning progress.




No comments: