Monday, July 27, 2009

The journey has begun.....

I mentioned a blog or 2 ago that I was finally going to dive into some screen printing due to my frustration of not finding the right fabrics that I want to use. Actually I will rephrase that,I do find the right fabrics but so does everyone else, and with friendly Etsy crafty competition out there, it's hard to generate those extra few sales and stand out. Well that's my thought process anyway, some may think differently, but hey whatever works I say.
So I went and bought the "basic" essentials from Dean's Arts on Saturday, and the excitement running through me was great, like a kid in a candy store. I haven't bought like that at an art store since college, where I visited weekly to get art supplies. For those who professionally screen print, may think my purchases are "crafty" and not professional real deal.
But I guess we have to start somewhere.
Now I have my pieces, some designs scribbled about I feel a bit paralyzed, it's like mmmm where to I begin. Well I will keep you updated on the success and hopefully not too many disasters.

4 comments:

Sandrine said...

Sounds EXCITING!Good luck;)

Unknown said...

I can't wait to see what you come up with! Have fun :-)

Nikki said...

Good for you Kylie on taking a chance with something different and uniquely you. I can't wait to see what you print...

LaurieStar said...

Hello! Just found your blog through Nikki Cardigan and thought I'd say hello. I love your Etsy work!