Friday, February 28, 2014

Delicious Amazeballs

While on my usual hunt for finding good healthy delicious & nutritional snacks, my friend forwarded a recipe on to me called.....wait.....AMAZEBALLS!!

With a name like that, how you you not be tempted to make them.

It is from a cookbook created by 2 Australians & it's called Eat Fat Be Thin.
It was such a simple recipe & one I could easily make with Charlotte. I am learning how much she loves being in the kitchen with me, so it's great to find simple recipes too.

As simple as mixing;
2 cups quinoa flakes or forage porridge or rolled oats (I used the oats)
1 cup pitted dates roughly chopped
1/2 cup of shredded coconut (I used desiccated coconut)
1/2 cup sultanas
2tbs organic peanut butter (I used what I had in the pantry)
1tbs cocoa powder
2tbs honey
2tbs water
1tsp vanilla extract
First 2 images by Kylie Loy. 
Bottom image from Eat Fat Be Thin

Blend ingredients until sticky, I found I used a fraction more water. Roll them into balls. Once they were all rolled I popped them in a container & tossed around in more coconut. They do taste better when refrigerated.

Simple & yummy, & perfect as a 3pm snack with a coffee. MMMM & MMMMM


No comments: