Tuesday, March 10, 2009

MMMM muffins

Not sure if I have mentioned this but I love baking. I love cooking generally, but love baking. My cousin gave me this recipe the other day as she loves cooking with her 4yr old daughter Sophie. She is quite particular with the food she feeds her kids & especially likes these muffins due to there added goodness. I made them & yum is all I can say. Perfect with your mid morning coffee or cup of tea. Try them out & tell em what you think.
ENERGY MUFFINS - makes 18
Ingredients
1 1/4 cups (275g) caster sugar
2 cups (300g) plain flour
2 tsp ground cinamon
2 tsp baking powder1 cup sultanas
2 cups grated carrot
1 cup grated apple
1 cup dessicated coconut
1 cup shopped walnuts
3 eggs
1 cup (250ml) vegetable oil.
1 tsp vanilla extract
Icing sugar to dust

NOTE - I didnt like the idea of a cup of oil so I did half a cip of vegetable & half cup vanilla yogurt, still delicious.

Method
Preheat oven to 180'C. Use 18 paper cases to line muffin pan.
Sift sugar, flour, cinnamon & poder into a large bowl. Add sultanas, carrot, apple, coconut & walnuts. In a separte bowl beat together oil (or yogurt) and vanilla.
Add dry ingededients & fold until just combined - do not overmix.
Spoon into muffin pans & bake for 25mins or until golden brown. Serve dusted with icing sugar.

Enjoy Kylie

2 comments:

Simply Wired Custom Jewelry said...

Yummy...these look tasty! Thank you for the nice comment on my blog. I see you've got your Mini up and running, and it looks great! I'm glad it was helpful to you.

Chantilly Bowtique said...

OMG! They look so yummy! I'll have to give them a go.