Saturday, March 21, 2009

I have been so busy this week. Tomorrow I am attending the Flemington market, so if you're in Melbourne come on by and say hi. My new products will be there to see, touch and feel. I hope the weather will be nice, as too much wind can not only be cold but potentially make my tent take off! I am at site #361 and hope to see you all there.

As you are aware I love to cook I have to post this delicious desert I made the other week. My parents came for dinner so I experimented on them.

Ingredients (serves 6)
1 cup self-raising flour
1/2 cup caster sugar
1/2 cup desiccated coconut
2/3 cup light coconut milk
1 egg
80g butter, melted, cooled
pure icing sugar, to serve
Sauce
1/2 cup caster sugar
3 teaspoons cornflour
1/2 cup milk
2 small lemons, juiced
3 passionfruit, halved

Method
Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease a 6-cup capacity, 5.5cm-deep, 19cm x 25cm (base) ovenproof dish and place on a baking tray lined with baking paper.

Sift flour into a bowl. Stir in sugar and coconut. Whisk coconut milk, egg and butter together in a jug. Pour into flour mixture. Gently stir until combined. Spoon into prepared dish. Smooth surface.

Make sauce: Combine sugar and cornflour in a bowl. Sprinkle over pudding. Combine milk and 1/3 cup lemon juice (don't worry if mixture curdles) in a small saucepan. Cook, stirring, over medium heat until mixture comes to the boil. Remove from heat and stir in passionfruit pulp. Pour hot lemon mixture over the back of a large metal spoon, over pudding.
Bake for 50 to 55 minutes or until a skewer inserted halfway into pudding comes out clean. Dust with icing sugar and serve immediately.


Try it it's divine MMMMMMMMMMMMM.


Have a great weekend.
Ky xx

No comments: