Monday, August 26, 2013

Slide Shows

As part of changing things up a bit around here, I have finally hired a web designer to develop the website I want. I am so crazy happy! It's lovely, well it's going to be & I can't wait to share it.

At the moment there is a lot of emailing back & forth communicating, which is frustrating as I am dying to have it finished. But as they say Rome wasn't built in a day, & neither will the website. But I just know it will be worth the wait. At the moment, while all of the very important html stuff is happening behind the scenes, I am left with the pretty stuff. Making it look great in my own style. My most current task has been to create a slide show. You know like rotating pages on your landing page? Well it hasn't been as easy as I thought. I started hunting for inspiration & found those with fantastic slide shows, are mostly businesses that sell several brands, so I am assuming it makes it that much easier. Especially if you're provided with the images.

So I started thinking about what I want.  I don't have large budget for professional photos at the moment. So I had to pull out my thinking/creative cap & get to work. I decided to used existing artwork created, as there was no point reinventing the wheel.

This is what I have come up with.




There isn't too much I would change so far, but I need to create another 2 I think, so need to work on those.

What do you think?


No comments: