Friday, June 14, 2013

MATS - Week 2 assignment - Flower Pods

Oh dear my course is consuming me at the moment, which is a worry as I have a tonne of other work to have completed. BUT I LOVE IT!! I just can't stop or get enough of it.

Trying to use my time management successfully, I manage to finish my second assignment early. My eldest has been home for the last 2 days with a cold, so I have kept him inside, warm & entertained on the couch with DVD's, a some new ipad games. After 2 days of antibiotics he is well & truly on them mend. Where I was heading with that was, that fortunately for me it has allowed me solid drawing time & I managed to get quite a bit done.

My assignment was to draw flower pods & design them on a plate for the home decor category. I loved this assignment as I love flowers, & best part I could incorporate some other favourite icons being birds & butterflies. This week didn't feel as challenging like last weeks did, I was my closer to my comfort zone. I did however utilise a different colour palette  It's a combination I wouldn't normally consider when design for children's accessories.

I am still yet to decide which plate I would like to submit for the assignment  My gut is telling me the bottom left.
























Not sure yet, what do you think?



1 comment:

Jane from Lil Pip said...

I love them all but I think my favourite is top right!