Thursday, May 2, 2013

Feeling overwhelmed with inspiration

Do you ever get overwhelmed with TOO much inspiration?

I know a lot of artists get it, but I haven't really be stung by the feeling too much before.
With the sale of my Quirky and Quaint business I spoke about last time, it has give me the opportunity to start planning the new tasks & projects I would like to pursue in the near future. Some personal & some business. I have had a bit of time to web surf which I LOVE!! I haven't been able to do that for what feels like forever & forever, & mind you I forgot how time sucking it can be. Two hours can fly just like that.

For the very first time in a long while I have actually even felt like sewing for myself. I haven't made anything with my trusty sewing machine for a long long time. I am not a bad sewer, it's one thing I have always found easy, as with making patterns, as that's what I studied at school. I used to want to be a bridal designer & made a few dresses, you can see this post here & here about this long ago desire. I have started to look at beautiful fabric, it's all so glorious.

























image by Kylie Loy

Unfortunately the more I look, the more I am starting to feel very overwhelmed with all of the amazing beauty out there. Some artists are just incredible, there are amazing products, from everything to decor to jewellery. I am in heaven. I feel like I have so many ideas popping around in my head I am  starting to feel like I have stage fright a bit. I'm completely overwhelmed & in awe of the amazing work out there. In seeing this I am wondering where the hell to start. I know it's seems a little exaggerated  but I know I am not the first to feel like this.

I am not one of these people who have a flood of ideas flowing out of them. I do need to look for my inspiration, whether it be on the web, checking out retail stores, or in books & mags, I just have too.

Eeeek I just need to shake it off & start, I need to let go of this, I think it's the best way.

If you have ever felt like this ? If you have I would love to know how you combat this.


No comments: