Friday, August 17, 2012

The month it's been

This last month I believe has been the hardest I ever think I have worked. I think I have accomplished a full time job on casual/part time hours. I recall working just as hard when I was employed, but then I didn't have the distractions of the kids. If I needed to put in 10 hours straight to get the job done, I'd do it no questions asked. I have put together a whole range of new products, not just for Tiges and Weince but Quirky and Quaint. I always put together a new range every 6 months, with add ons in between but this was different. Coordinating other brands, developing new products, and making sure they were all cohesive was an exciting yet over whelming challenge. I have a real passion for putting together ranges, or collections depending on your preferred term. I have been doing it for 12 years & I never tire of it. It's such a thrilling and exciting job to do. I get asked all the time my tips & tricks for a cohesive collection, so I am thinking in the future it would be lovely to share my tips & thought process on the whole thing. From just doing it to actually writing about it, so I need to have a think of the best way to do it. You can see my new Summer QQ catalogue here.

Today I wanted to share my favourite shots I took of Hudson for the catalogue. He is obviously riding the hobby horses I am selling & the divine Fedora hats. Best part of all is this mini photo shoot cost me a whole 2 chocolate biscuits.










Another shot selected. It's also the shot I am using to promote as the FREE monthly host gift for September.



Yes I am biased because he is mine, but boy i think he did a brilliant job. The fact he is not camera shy helped.

Hop you're having a great Friday.

Kylie xx

No comments: