Sunday, August 5, 2012

Go Aussie Go

Like all of us I have been watching the Olympics with as much spare time as possible. I love seeing the athletes perform with every ounce of their soul. Knowing that for some, it's been a dream to hold that medal. I get teary when I see them standing proudly, holding their whole life's journey in one gold disc. Even harder when I see the heartbreak in their faces when everything doesn't go to plan. I completely understand their passion, it's an emotional journey chasing a dream.

Unfortunately London just isn't the Olympics made for Australia this time, medal wise. We haven't performed as well as the media assumed we would, in some perspectives I have read that it's been a kick up the bum, & a reality check for some. Too big for our boots?? I believe it's quite harsh that the media can lash out at them. It's a fact, things don't work out as well on somedays as it does on others.

But if you ask me thats OK, I mean OMG just to be accepted into the Olympics is an achievement wihin itself. Thats telling me you're the BEST in your country, challenging the world's best in your chosen sporting carer. I think it's pretty bloody good to be honest.



Last night I sat on the couch having a rest, flicking around on the Ipad & decided to make a treasury on Etsy in the Australian colour's. Maybe with this gorgeous collection of green & gold (yellow), some positive vibes will be sent the Australian athletes way.

Aussie Aussie Aussie oi oi oi!

Have a great Sunday.
Kylie xx

No comments: