Sunday, January 23, 2011

Peace & Quiet

I have a frantic life, I mean really, who doesn't?
Being here there and everywhere is the norm for me everyday, just the quantity of it changes.

I never quiet understood the TRUE concept of PEACE & QUIET.
Before the kids, peace and quiet was watching movie with hubby, having a quiet drink with friends, a daily walk, reading a book or magazine, surfing the net, even having a self indulged shopping spree. I guess I assumed that was peace and quiet, as it was the pre kids self absorbed time we could allocate to ourselves.

This isn't the first time that I have savoured peace and quiet, it's one of many, but it's so peaceful I just wanted to share it with you.

Ahhhhhhh........I am sitting here in an empty house.
YEP! The kids are out seeing their great nan. The TV is off, so is the radio. I can hear the birds outside chirping. I can even hear the slow air flowing from my cooling system in the house. It's wonderful, I don't feel the need for doing very much at this moment. Just to sit and be quiet is quite lovely, you forget how quiet the world can be. I am taking advantage of this right now, I do have chores to complete, & some orders to fulfil, but I thought they could wait for 30 minutes.

I hope you can find a peaceful moment today to.

No comments: