Tuesday, April 6, 2010

LAUNCHED - Owl On A Tea Cup

Last Tuesday I gave you all a sneak peak at a new piece of artwork I was working on.
To jog your memory you can read here.

Well it's finished and I am so thrilled with it.

Owl On A Tea Cup

It took a long time to do as I used watercolour paints, which I haven't played with since design college. I used them to create a soft tonal background, and created a diamond designed table cloth, outlined with an ink pen. I took the drying process very seriously, making sure it was bone dry before I did another layer or added detail. This in itself was a milestone for me as I am known to be a little impatient.

The Owl and Tea Cup is a combination of cotton and felt, all adhered together with a lot of hand stitching detail in lovely rich embroidery threads.
I am really looking forward to loading this up in my Etsy and Madeit shops, and even more so, looking forward to scanning the design to make some other new products.
The "Owl On A Tea Cup" piece has really inspired me, and given back some desperately needed inspiration. As a result, I have now a couple of other pieces on the go and I look forward to sharing them.

1 comment:

sarah said...

so cute! I love the colors and use of felt