Friday, April 16, 2010

Delicious Kids Muffins - Apricot & Coconut

I made these yummy muffins for Hudson and they were a hit.
They have also been a hit with my mid morning daily coffee, they are so moist and
full of goodness.
APRICOT & COCONUT MUFFINS
Makes 10 muffins.
I make all of Hudson's muffins in small patty cake liners as not only does is make more, but at his age I don't believe he needs these giant size treats.
Ingredients
2 eggs, lightly beaten
120ml vegetable oil (I used apple sauce instead as I don't cook with a lot of oil)
1 x 120ml can crushed pineapple in natural juice
50g dried apricots chopped
75g caster sugar
26g desiccated coconut
100g plain flour
7.5ml (1/2 tbsp) baking powder
a pinch of baking soda
a pinch of sale (I didn't put salt in)
Method
In a large bowl, mix together the first six ingredients.
Sift together baking power, flour, baking soda, salt, and fold into the first mixture (do not over mix). Line a muffin tray with paper cases, pour in batter and bake in preheated oven 180'C/350'F for 25-30mins.
Here are mine. They didn't rise a lot I think as they are quite dense with fruit and plain flour was used. Nevertheless they tasted delicious.

Enjoy!!

(This recipe was from Annabel Karmel's New Baby & Toddler Book)

No comments: