Saturday, July 6, 2013

Last Assignment #5 - MATS course

What a furious fast paced 5 weeks it has been. I have just completed my last assignment which was dedicated to gift wear.

I was asked to find things that I collect. Unfortunately I am not much of a collector, I am not a huge fan of clutter. One thing I have kept are the ticket stubs from my favourite places I have visited on my travels. This is what I found.



















I had to create a piece of artwork gathered from this inspiration into a zipper purse, to sell in a quirky little gift store. Ooh how I love those kind of shops, the kind in the small townships you drive through when travelling. Shops with treasures I call them.

To be honest, inspiration wasn't hitting very fast as the stubs & pamphlets were old, a little discoloured, & lack a whole lot of colour. One place I am passionate about is Paris. I adore the city, & it's been nearly 7 years since I was there last. Boo Hoo!

With a hell of a lot of thinking I scanned the map of the Louvre & recoloured it as my base texture. Then I just layered all over it the National French Symbol, the iconic Eiffel Tower, some stripes, french words, a couple more flowers & texture.  This is how it turned out.







































I am happy with how it has turned out. I am also feeling quite envious of some of the other work I have seen from my fellow students, as some of them have FABULOUS collections. From buttons, to figurines, to stones, feathers & so much more. To have had something like this so I could have photographed them would have been great. I could have used some of the kids collections, but from a copyright perspective I could find myself in hot water.

I am going to continue on with part B of this course which starts in October.
It truly has been a blast.


No comments: