Monday, May 10, 2010

My 1st Modish Creators Market Stall

The first Modish Market is done and I am so, so, so thrilled with the outcome.
I was absolutely pumped the whole day meeting everyone and checking out some amazing product. From what I hear back from the stallholders is that the day ran very smoothly and very few hiccups erupted.
There are a few things Kelly & I want to improve on, but we expected that.
As they say, "Rome wasn't built in a day", and you can't begin to perfect something until you have experienced it first.
We did a quite of lot of marketing and ended up with just over 600 people through the door.
Not bad I don't think for our first market. It can only get better and better.
I am excited for next month and we're now starting to plan again.
Below are some snaps of my updated stall props on the day.

I was very happy with my bookmarks new home.


My new gift tags.

Another home for my prints.

It's going to take a bit of balance to run the market and my stall together.
My sales, I will be honest we slow. It does make a difference when selling, if the creator is behind the stall as opposed to your mum. Bless her heart, she did a great job, but just doesn't know the product like I do. Interaction and knowledge of your product is so vital when customers are looking. But hey everything is a journey, I can't complain.

1 comment:

Lou said...

Congratulations Kylie. I'm glad it went well. Lou.